October arrived and the majority of us are all finally relaxing after a busy wedding season! Now is the best time to start working on your business and not just in it. Don't think running a wedding business stops in the winter!
With engagement season just around the corner is your wedding business ready?
The winter months are the most popular time of year for couples to get engaged, over Christmas, Christmas day being the most popular, New Years Eve, Christmas Eve and of course without saying Valentines Day. In America, Thanksgiving Day is also a popular engagement date.
So what will you do to make sure your wedding business is engagement ready?
The first place engaged couples will start searching for wedding ideas will be on Pinterest, followed by Instagram and of course they will be google searching for ideas and suppliers.
Is your shop window up to date? Are your prices up to date for the next wedding season?
Here are 5 tips to make sure you are engagement season ready.
1. Make sure you know who your ideal client is, take time to really think about this and target everything you put out there towards them.
2. Start updating your Pinterest, I know how much overwhelm there is with running a business so maybe time schedule just an hour each week into pinning your latest weddings up. If you are pinning to a personal page now is the time to change this to a business page. Make sure your pinners know who you are, what you do and where you are based.
3. When you are creating your engagement ideas or wedding ideas blog posts a good tip for SEO is to ensure the titles of the images are clear, not JPEG1 but title it Wedding in Malaga, Wedding in Spain.
4. The second place newly engaged couples will start searching for wedding ideas is Instagram. How active are you on there, are you posting and sharing stories. If Instagram is overwhelming you, use an app such as Planoly and Later to organise your posts for the week or month ahead. Again now is the time to concentrate on your social media and become very active. Think about your hashtags you are using too.
5. Make sure all your business information and pricing is bang up to date. Everything you send out to clients needs to be your most up to date prices, images of your latest weddings and do create a how we work document if you haven't already.
There are many aspects to running a wedding business and when wedding season finishes take time out to really concentrate on bringing in the next seasons weddings, this is what is going to make your business sustainable over the year and not just in the busy times.